Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing #8

Wiki's are pretty cool. I was a semi regular user of wikipedia, until someone told me that it is free for everyone to add information to it. Now as much as I trust people, I don't think it can be 100% acurate on many things. For example, some people may be biased on a certain subject and proceed to write about it in a biased manor. However, I also like it because you also can get true information that you wouldn't necessarily get anywhere else. For example, people personally attached to a particular subject can give insightful knowledge on let's say a famous person. It is indeed "radical trust" and I really don't know where it will go in the years to come. It can definately be helpful for librarians as they share new and upcoming information among each other.

No comments: